The Foundations Platform F20 has initiated an international Sustainable Finance Working Group in collaboration with the Civil Society Organisation Germanwatch. It aims to deploy a finance lens on the overall mission of F20 and seeks to enable F20 partners to advance sustainable finance discussions. With the first round of a 2-year period starting in 2022, the working group looked at both climate-related challenges and opportunities that reside in the domain of sustainable finance. With its experts from a range of different academic and professional backgrounds the Sustainable Finance Working Group aims at conducting research, compiling briefings for the G7/G20 and sharing insights on sustainable finance. The first meeting of the group focused on Carbon Pricing Instruments (April 28th) by exploring how to use fiscal tools to serve ambitious climate change mitigation strategies. The second meeting put emphasis on Transition and Blended Finance Schemes (September 23rd) aiming for a broad geographical coverage including futureproof pathways for the Global North and the Global South. Recommendations of the working group shape the overall F20 recommendations to the G20.
Further, the working group also participated in the panel discussion on Sustainable Finance at this year’s F20 Climate Solutions Forum in September in Jakarta. We are pleased that this first year contributed to the writing of a policy paper and to the policy recommendations to the G20.
- Gagan Sidhu, Director CEEW Centre for Energy Finance (CEF)
- Ingmar Jürgens, Climate & Company / Germanwatch Board, Germanwatch
- Sandra Guzmán, Climate Finance Group of Latin America and the Caribbean (GFLAC)
- Sue Reid, Senior Associate, Global Optimism, formerClimate Champions Team
- Michael Hugman, Director for Climate Finance, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)
- Andrea Guerrero, Senior Fellow Gowland Climate Fund
- Andrea Moffat, Vice President, Ivey Foundation
- Arunabha, Ghosh, Director, CEEW
- Bowen Zhang, Deputy Secretary-General SEE Foundation
- Henriette Imelda, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Indonesia Research Institute for Decarbonization (IRID)
- Michael Dittrich, Head of Finance and Administration German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU)
- Silvie Kreibiehl, IPCC Lead Author / CEO DNR / Director Board Germanwatch